1962 B.A. Physics (honors), the University of California at Berkeley
1968 M.A. Mathematical Statistics, the University of California at Berkeley
1976 Ph.D. Mathematical Statistics (Social & Psychological Measurement), the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Advisor: Louis Guttman
1977 Senior Lecturer, the Israel Institute of Applied Social Research
1988 Associate Professor, the Louis Guttman Israel Institute of Applied Social Research at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
1999 Professor, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheba
Since 1996 Senior Research Fellow, The Van Leer Jerusalem Institute
Since 1988 Professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, teaching courses in Facet Theory & Multiple Scaling and their applications to research in Quality of Life, Distributive Justice, Intelligence & Creativity and Offender Profiling.
Since 1968 Principal Investigator of research projects in the fields of psychology, education, economic behavior, science policy, social & psychological measurement, multivariate data analysis
1996-2006 Founder and Scientific Director, Center for Social Justice at the Van Leer Jerusalem Institute
2001-2004 Project Director, Creativity as Personal Ability, the Van Leer Jerusalem Institute
1996-2000 Research Director at the Israel Center for Third Sector Research, Ben-Gurion University, Beer Sheba
1968-1996 Research Director, the Louis Guttman Israel Institute of Applied Social Research at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
1964-1968 Instructor, Department of Statistics, the University of California at Berkeley
1963-1964 Statistician, Survey Research Center, the University of California at Berkeley
Appointments & Memberships
- Honorary Research Fellow, University of Liverpool.
- Member, Scientific Board of IGCS (International Group for Scientific and Technological Chaos Studies), Ben Gurion University.
- Methodological Consultant, OAS (Organization of American States) Department of Education.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Investigative Psychology and Offender Profiling (JIP).
- Editorial Board, Social Indicators Research (SIR)
- Editorial Board, Encyclopedia of Quality of Life and Well-Being Research
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA).
- Member, U.S. Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS).
- Founding member and first Secretary General of the International Facet Theory Association (FTA).
Books, Scientific articles, Encyclopedia entries, Research reports, Conference papers